How to talk with your doctor about Kogenate® FS, Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant)
Interested in using Kogenate FS? Talk with your healthcare provider and consider asking some of these questions:
- Should I consider routine prophylaxis for my child?
- What are the side effects associated with factor VIII treatment?
- How safe is it to take rFVIII every other day?
- If treated episodically, or on demand, what is the likelihood of developing joint damage?
- What are the chances of being infected with a virus from rFVIII?
- How does the Kogenate FS work?
Always tell your doctor about these things, too:
- Tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions.
- Tell your healthcare provider (and pharmacist) about all of the medicines you take, including all prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements or herbal remedies.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have been told you have heart disease or are at risk for heart disease or are at risk for heart disease.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have been told that you have inhibitors to factor VIII (because Kogenate FS may not work for you).
Help understanding your insurance
Through Bayer Access Solutions, specialists are here to help you understand your insurance benefits and handle your coverage challenges. Personally. Conveniently. Easily.