Bayer is committed to helping you with insurance, financial or affordability challenges
We understand that managing the costs of hemophilia A matters to you, and you may be surprised at all the ways we can help. So give us a call. We're here to help answer your questions (in Spanish, if you prefer).
$0 Co-Pay Program*†:
- Most commercially insured patients can receive Kogenate for as little as $0 per prescription, regardless of income (Up to $12,000 in out-of-pocket cost assistance available per year).
- Assistance is awarded per patient. Multiple members of the same household can apply
- Click here or call 1-647-245-5619 to get started saving today!
Patient Loyalty Program†§
Bayer is committed to helping you start and stay on therapy regardless of changes in your commercial health insurance coverage status.
Eligible patients can receive Kogenate at no cost if you experience gaps or changes with insurance coverage
Enroll now to gain access to this program!
- Ask your physician to complete, sign and submit the Patient Service Request Form to Access Services by Bayer to enroll
- You may use this program to help fill insurance gaps for up to 4 months when:
- You experience changes in insurance for Kogenate
- You are between jobs and experience a gap in insurance coverage
- Open to current and new Kogenate Patients
- Benefits are transferrable between all Bayer Hemophilia products with prescription
- Call the live Helpline to redeem the Loyalty benefit 1-800-288-8374
Live Helpline Support
- Speak with a health insurance expert
- If you don’t speak English, we may be able to help
Live Helpline Support
Call 1-800-288-8374 Now!
9:00 AM–6:00 PM (ET) Monday–Friday.
Multiple languages available, including Spanish
*Co-pay program support is available for up to 1 year. Can include any out-of-pocket prescription costs, such as co-pay and co-insurance.
‡Patients who are enrolled in any type of government insurance are not eligible. Bayer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time.
§The medication provided through this program is at no cost to the patient and is not contingent on future use of this medication. Reselling or billing any third party for free product provided by this program is prohibited by law.
Kogenate® FS Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor VIII or antihemophilic factor) that is missing in people with hemophilia A.
Kogenate FS is used to treat and control bleeding in adults and children with hemophilia A. Your healthcare provider may give you Kogenate FS when you have surgery. Kogenate FS can reduce the number of bleeding episodes in adults and children when used regularly (prophylaxis). Kogenate FS can reduce the risk of joint damage in children without pre-existing joint damage when used regularly.
Kogenate FS is not used to treat von Willebrand disease.
Important Safety Information
You should not use Kogenate FS if you are allergic to rodents (like mice and hamsters) or are allergic to any ingredients in Kogenate FS.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have been told you have heart disease or are at risk for heart disease.
You could have an allergic reaction to Kogenate FS. Call your healthcare provider right away and stop treatment if you get rash or hives, itching, tightness of the chest or throat, difficulty breathing, light-headed, dizziness, nausea or a decrease in blood pressure.
Your body can make antibodies, called “inhibitors,” against Kogenate FS, which may stop Kogenate FS from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for the development of inhibitors to factor VIII.
Other common side effects of Kogenate FS are local injection site reactions (pain, swelling, irritation at infusion site) and infections from implanted injection device. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
Call your healthcare provider right away if bleeding is not controlled after using Kogenate FS.
For important risk and use information, please see full prescribing information.